Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yay for jet lag

Hi everyone,

Today I am writing without an internet connection, because its 5:45am in the morning here and I don't know any passwords for any wireless connections here. My birthmother is awake and doing... something, and my birthbrother is still asleep. It is 1:45pm Mountain standard time... so I am wide awake.

Last night my plane got in around 6:15pm, about 1.5 hours after it should have. I went and got organized immediately after getting off the plane. I also sent my parents an email stating I had arrived in Seoul just fine. I knew I wouldn't have any time to do anything else once I left the baggage claim. It took a while for me to find exactly where I needed to be to go through immigration, find the baggage claim, and procure my luggage. By the time I finished that, I must have been the last person from my flight because the baggage claim had just a few bags left. Luckily my bags were two of the remaining bags and they were even right next to each other! It was about 7:00pm Korean time by the time I handed my customs forms to the officer and exited airport security. I didn't see oppa at first, but he saw me. He told me (I think) that he had been waiting for 2 hours! Speaking of, I need to recheck my flight schedule for my supposed arrival time. I didn't bother looking at it prior to leaving the states, but now I'm curious. Unfortunately, I can only do that with an internet connection...

I wish the introduction of my birthmother and I had been better. I had thought she might be here from the emails I received, but I didn't bother to prepare mentally or emotionally to meet her. I was already emotionally drained from leaving the states, as well as tired and cranky from traveling for 22 hours (5am MST to 3am MST, or 9pm KST to 7pm) among other things... and all I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to bed... Which was never to happen...

Part of it is that it sounds like she is crying all the time. She has cried several times, but she also sniffs quite a lot. It could be she just has the sniffles from the cold (like me). But somehow I doubt it's entirely from the cold. But at the moment I am unable to really respond to her like I probably should. Also, as my brother told me in the car she is the "talking king". She talks to me a lot... and I don't understand her. I try to respond... and she doesn't understand me. It's a great party game. I think she just decided it was time for oppa to wake up. Because she is talking and talking. He has uh-huhed a couple of times, but other than that (at the very beginning), I'm not sure he is even listening... Of course, she might not be wanting a response... I've caught a few words, but it's what I expected to hear, what I heard last night, and what I told her it was okay. Sorry/apologize. Father & I. Thankful. Love. And some more apologies. mor

I will tell you about something that surprised me that I didn't know yet. I'm going to assume this is the most correct information regarding my relinquishment to date since its from my birthmother's own mouth, but... Somehow I feel I'll never know the full truth. She told us last night that she thought I had died. That my grandmother (I assume the one that recently passed away), took me to the hospital (or maybe she was there) and was told I was a very sick baby. My grandmother, her mother-in-law, later told her I died. She asked a couple of times if I was healthy...

Anyway, time to go. Looks like oppa just got up. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment