So I decided to clean up the random things that I've been neglecting mentioning... ... Which really means... More pictures!! :D Yay!
This is my dorm room. On the far right side of the picture on the right is the door to the room. Behind me is the bathroom. The other picture is taken from the door. The other side of the room is my roommate's side and is exactly the same as my side. On the other side of the bed is a desk... which is where I am typing.
One thing that definitely is hard to get used to, although minor, is the bathroom. The bathroom here is a combined toilet and shower. And not just next to each other. Its a room that's maybe a little bit bigger than a public restroom stall. But not much bigger... O_O So, when you take a shower, everything gets wet. I don't understand why they bother to have a toilet paper holder in that room when it's just going to get soaked... So I just leave my toilet paper in the cabinet and try and remember to grab it before I enter the bathroom... That and avoid using the restroom immediately after a shower. LOL.
Also, the entire Korean society has something against bread crusts. Don't ask me what or why, but they do.
The first picture is a sandwich I had at a cafe (I don't remember what kind of sandwich...). The other sandwich is, obviously, a packaged sandwich which I bought at a convenience store (I think this one I bought at 7-11). Neither have crusts, which at first I thought was a fluke of some kind or maybe something just the one cafe did. Nope. It's universally Korean to eat sandwiches without crusts. So, if you don't like crusts, maybe deep down you're really Korean... or not.
Now here are just some random pictures.
I made the mistake of thinking it would be a good idea to look at Dongdaemun and see if I could find a hairdryer there... I forgot that I have already been here. If you are looking for miles and miles of shoes, fabrics, clothing, and pretty much anything else you might need miles of shopping, this is the place. Otherwise, for non-shoppers... AVOID at all costs. LOL.
Seoul traffic. Gotta love it. (Near Hapjeong station)
I'm never driving here.
This guy was selling cotton candy in Hongdae. Evidently he does this often. I think he was selling it to raise money for ... whatever kind of dog he has. On the cotton candy machine you can see pictures of other similar dogs and some Hangul... Couldn't read it. Cute dog though.
Also in Hongdae. This just reminded me of my nephews.
Now THIS... I just found funny, so I decided to be a tourist and take a picture.
Not very far from the Kyung Hee Univerity entrance.
This was in an electronics store in the COEX mall. (where we saw the movie)
There is also an entire Hello Kitty store that we passed by in the COEX mall.
Nicholas took a picture of it and now I regret not taking a picture of it... I want to send it to Laura... LOL.
Now... I'm sure all of you have been wondering this since I got here... And just DYING to know.
How do you spell Hobbit in Korean? Well, here you go.
Saw this on Saturday. :D
Lena and I went to Myeong-dong and saw this curious vender. The reason why we first noticed it is because the lady selling it was hammering something and we couldn't figure out what. The "Schneepang" is a round ball with different flavored coatings on it. The lady put the Schneepang in a bag, then hammered it several times before handing it over to the customer. We both think it is originally a German desert of some kind (but only by the name), although neither of us really cared much for it. It wasn't horrible, but it was harder than a waffle cone and less sweet.
Just bought these today. The street vendor was just outside Hoegi station and selling mandarin oranges by the bowl for 3,000W (approx $3.00US). I just counted them and he gave me 18 oranges! Yay! He offered two bowls for 5,000W, but I don't know what I would do with 30+ oranges... O_O
... It's Christmas Eve here... :( And I think I made a mistake in coming early. I miss hanging out with the family. My family has a tradition of watching a movie at the theatre on Christmas day, so I watched the Hobbit a little bit sadly, since they are likely to watch that movie on Christmas... I skyped with my mom last night (yesterday morning for her and everyone else in the US), and she had started baking Christmas bread... another family tradition. I also really want Chex mix right now. :( I miss Christmas in America!
Oh yeah, and on a side note, in most countries that celebrate Christmas, this holiday is traditionally for families to get together... well, here it's for couples.... great. So I think I'll just try and get caught up on everything in my room. That, and I waited too long outside for Oppa yesterday, so my throat has been scratchy all day, I think I caught a small cold... :(
















No comments:
Post a Comment