It's weird to think that I've been here almost a full week. It feels like it's been longer.
Yesterday was Saturday. A day off. I had thought oppa wanted to do something in the afternoon, but obviously I misunderstood. *sigh* Just like always. Anyway, after being lazy that morning, I went out to try and find an adapter. I tried Hongdae, mostly because it is the most familiar to me and I would be less likely to get lost O_O
Didn't find anything. Big surprise there. But I did buy a T-card, which are basically reloadable subway cards. It's really cute and tiny. Before that I was just using single ride tickets. Korea also has a pretty good system to ensure people don't just toss the cards afterwards. You always pay an extra 500 won for a single use ticket that's called a deposit. The minimum ride costs 1,150 won, so including the deposit, you pay 1,650 won. Once you get to your destination (or anytime after that) you turn your card into a "Deposit Return" machine and get the 500 won back. Pretty easy way to make sure the cards get recycled.
Here's my T-card. The machine I went to had two different choice of cards, this one and then a card that's actually shaped like a card with a cute design on it. I assume other places there are other designs, but I like the one I got. It did cost a bit more though. The regular T-card cost 3,000 won, while mine cost 5,000 won. Not big, but still a bit more.
Oppa totally sleeps like my brother back home. :D I just called him (it's about 2:30pm here) and I'm pretty sure I just woke him up... whoops. ;)
Found the Dog Cafe by the way. Only it doesn't open until 1:30pm on weekdays and 12:30pm on weekends. I was a tad early, so I decided to just head back instead of wait. Besides that I thought I had dropped my mp3 player somewhere along the way, so I needed to find it first. Which it ended up being back at my room. LOL.
Here's some picks of the place though. Super easy to find, even for me. Next time I'll go later. :D
EDIT: For myself and anyone else interested (because I already forgot where it was and had to look it up again), the Bau House is between Exit 3 and 4 of the Hapjeong station. See this link to another blog post about it.




No comments:
Post a Comment