Friday, December 28, 2012

renu vs ReNu???

Hm... I wonder what the difference (besides size) is between these two? :D
 
I just wanted to say since I've had a few comments about this on here. I guess I seemed to not be able to find anything or take a long time to find stuff since I got here. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's not that it can't be found in Korea... just that I, specifically, was having a hard time finding things. Just about everything you can find in the US, you can find in Korea. Items in Korea are arranged much differently than in America and all the stores are also different. It might be equivalent both to knowing something is sold in Wal-Mart and not knowing where Wal-Mart is, or to looking for a computer cable in a hardware store... LOL. For instance, tylenol, cold medicine, and eye drops are all items found in convenience and grocery stores in America. All of these things are only found in pharmacies in Korea. Thankfully there's a pharmacy on every block in my district. :D
 
Speaking of pharmacies, I'll touch on Korean hospitals too. I haven't been to one (yet), but I've heard they are the places to go. When I was looking for Tylenol earlier, I asked the ahjumma downstairs if she had any. I said in Korean "my head hurts, do you have medicine?" She said a bunch of stuff in Korean and I think she said, since we don't know what you have, you need to see the doctor. She kept saying "don't know, don't know" so I am pretty sure that's what she said. Koreans supposedly go to the doctor for everything. If you didn't read the first link to another website on my last post, I refer you to it now.

I'm pretty sure when I get back to the states I'll have reverse culture shock. I'm so used to people pushing and shoving to get onto the subway. Ahjummas pushing me aside to stand next to the rail. No one saying anything when they push past you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stare at the first person in the states to say "I'm sorry" when they bump up against me. LOL.

On another note, Karin is going to visit next week!!! Yay! And Kyle will be here the beginning of January so we will get to hang out then. :D While I knew Karin is in Korea, I never thought someone from my town would ever be traveling to Korea the same time I was here. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment