Sunday, December 16, 2012

아가 (baby)

Is what I feel like right now. I'm a living oxymoron. Not only am I Asian... but not, I'm also the oldest out of the adoptees I've met so far, and yet not... LOL. Oppa and I just went to the U+ store (equivalent to Verizon) to get a cell phone. I didn't understand any of what was going on, and was desperately trying not to laugh out loud at my predicament. I'm used to living in my small hometown (compared to Seoul) and knowing what was going on, what to do, where to go, etc. And now, I'm sitting "getting" a cell phone, and have no idea about anything... just sitting there like a lump. Oppa was super sweet and gave me his cell phone with games to play with... Of course, my mind immediately went to coloring books people give kids while their parents get the errands done. LOL.

Besides that, all of the adoptees I've met so far are super nice and cool. They know what they are doing and seem to have no fear. I don't know how they do it. I'm glad that they have been letting me roll with them so far. Of course, I had to ask them how old all of them are, and I definitely shouldn't have. I'm the oldest of them, but feel the youngest and most inept. Not only can I not speak Korean, am not a city-dweller, but I also get lost amazingly easily. Nicholas just had to point that out last night X_X. LOL. I do find it funny, but extremely irritating when I'm alone.

Speaking of, I am really sad that all of these people I've met are leaving shortly. Well, not immediately (although two are leaving tomorrow), but in three months. I hope some of them choose to stay for longer. I know at least one said he is here for the long term, but I still wish all of them would stay. Oh well, we all must live our lives. If any of you want to join me, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment