So it seems like Asians in general (or rather, just Japan and Korea, I haven't heard about any other countries), wear "cold masks" aka "face masks" aka "health masks" when they are sick (and for a few other reasons). So... since I am getting better, I decided to bite the bullet and go out... sick. LOL. I bought my own "health masks" today. Here's a SNAZZY picture of me.
Believe it or not, this is going to be the next fashion hit... So go get yours now! LOL. Or not. :D I totally look like a gangsta. O_O Lots of other people have already blogged about these masks, so I won't bore you since you can read about it here and here.
I also finally went to Costco. There's one about 2 subway stops and a 10 minute walk away from me.
Costco Membership: W35,000
"Large" body towel: W11,390
Costco Muffins: W6,990
Being able to read 25% of material in the store: Priceless.
Sorry, just had to. But it was nice going into Costco. At first I was really disappointed. I walked through the entire store and it wasn't very big. I was looking for food stuffs and they were missing. :( How can a Costco not have food??? HOWEVER. I walked all the way around the store... and there was an escalator going downstairs! It was a bit odd with an escalator taking carts down. They had someone at the top and bottom helping to get the carts onto and off the escalator. It would be a bit scary if someone lost control of their cart. Anyway. The second floor was hiding all the FOOD! Awwww.... There was a lot of strictly Korean foodstuffs, but plenty of "American" food. Or at least, food I was used to. There was lots I wanted to pick up, but since I had to carry it all back... I didn't. I also had to think of the size of our fridge at the dorm. There was a picture of it earlier, it was behind all of my luggage... LOL. It's shorter than my desk. And anyway, my roommate is using most of the space in the fridge... If there was a time when a spot was open, I would totally put something random in there, just so I can have a spot. But since I can't speak Korean or Chinese and she can't speak English, there's no way to communicate that I want some space in the fridge. But I keep telling myself it's only temporary... LOL. Sorry, but it's been a long time since I had a roommate.
Oh and on the way back to the dorm after Costco.... just GUESS what I found!!!
Pure awesomeness. I never would have thought they'd have
such a thing, but... What can I say? Pure awesomeness.
I also had "Hot BBQ Chicken on a stick" on the way back. The ahjumma selling them told me it was spicy and it definitely was. But it was delicious. And only W2,000. :D


No comments:
Post a Comment