Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Umbrella Wars!

So... you thought I'd never write again... right? lol.

I actually have been pretty busy as of late, but I still want to keep this up... at least for the moment.

Anyway. Summer has come and gone and now it's fall. In fact, although the first day of fall was a few days ago, tonight has been the first time that I've felt cold walking around in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts in the evening. I'm still fine in the day, but the evening definitely has gotten chillier.

I've survived 3 of Korea's seasons so far... Winter (similar to Montana, so that's fine), Spring (wait, when was that?), and Summer... Summer... Summer.... While I had heard that Korea is humid and hot, I don't think I was prepared for how bad it really was. I spent a summer in Alabama and Korea is much worse. I don't think I've sweat as much over the entire course of my life than I have in one summer in Korea. Yuck. And it's not the temperature. It's the humidity. Other than the humidity it's probably pretty similar to Montana summers.

I had also heard of Korea's monsoon season. However, I don't think I really experienced such a thing. Maybe this year was mild. I'm not sure. Possibly also due to me having lived in Seattle, Alabama, and Montana, I didn't think it was a big deal. Korean monsoon season is mostly like rain in Montana. More intense than Seattle rain and less intense than Alabama rain. The worst part of it is that you have to walk around in it. I miss having a car where I can just jump in and avoid that nasty getting wet part. Of course, Koreans love umbrellas. They use umbrellas for sunny weather and rainy weather. They don't wan to get tans and they don't want to get wet. And since everyone is walking around this makes for very entertaining "chicken umbrella wars" where you try and assess who's going to be the chicken (or the nice person) and raise their umbrella up so they don't bump your umbrella. Or neither raises their umbrella and we play umbrella bumper cars. ... ... Apparently, I need to get a bigger, stronger umbrella! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment