Thursday, February 14, 2013

UPDATE!!!

Wow. Another update in less than 2 weeks... I know what you're thinking... AMAZING!!! ... Or not.

Anyway, got some updates.

First, I'm leaving next week, so I've been busy preparing to pack everything away and getting other things finished so I can leave. Which means... I said good-bye to one school and successfully completed it. A little sad the kids don't seem that sad, but oh well. I can't say that I will miss all of those kids at that school either, so I guess it's a draw. They're the kids who drive me up a wall trying to keep them under control. Although, it was cute today when I tried to teach them Simon Says, one of the little boys said, "Gangam Style!".... "Huh?" ... "Psy style!" ... "Oh. Not PSY, but SI-MON." "Gangam Style!" "SIMON." "PSY!" "SIMON." "PSY!" "SIMON." "PSY!" ... ... ... *Gives up* "Psy says..." LOL.

Anyway, I recently got an email from the current NET (Native English Teacher) at my school that I'll be replacing. SO EXCITED! I heard rumors that some people would hear from them, but I didn't want to get excited and then never get an email. Anyway, he emailed to ask if I wanted some of his stuff since he was moving back home. HECK YEAH. Less stuff for me to pick up myself. I also found out about where I'll be working. (YAY) He didn't tell me specifics, but he gave me the district (gu) and neighborhood (dong), so I know pretty close to where I should be. Which, ironically is really close to where I'm living right now. A little farther north, but that's just fine with me. It'll take a bit longer to get to the big shopping districts (but a negligible amount), but since I'm not planning on going shopping that often anyway, I don't really care... :D Just for hanging out it's a bit out of the way. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with where I have been placed. Although... Anywhere in Seoul would have been fine... LOL.

I asked the former NET how many kids he teaches and he said about FIVE HUNDRED FIFTY. Holy cow. I knew it would be a large number, but now knowing concretely THOSE kids will soon become MY STUDENTS.... er... that's a lot. But it's not as many as it could be. I've heard of teachers having to teach at 2 or even 3 different schools, and teach upwards of 1000 students. Ouch.

Anyway, time for sleep! Hope everyone had a good Chinese New Year! (Big holiday here in Korea, FYI).

No comments:

Post a Comment