I've discovered one of the harder parts to living in Korea... no cable... LOL. This won't be a problem come late February-March, since I'll have an actual apartment as opposed to a dorm, but I'm realizing that I don't have access to a lot of ... English content. Being immersed in another culture is a great way to stimulate a lot of language learning... but... sometimes you just want to listen to some English for a change...
Prior to my move, I had downloaded a Netflix app onto my new shiny tablet I had recently bought for my move... Upon arriving in Korea, I realized that said app would not work. Specifically it said Netflix isn't available for South Korea yet. I didn't care at that time since I had cable and a lot of other things were happening, so I put that to the back of my mind.
Until today... When I was sitting here, being my studious self... *ahem*... not procrastinating in any way... *cough* um... anyway.... I thought about tomorrow being Sunday, and normally I would be excited to watch "Once Upon A Time" on Sunday evenings... So, I jumped online to see how many episodes I had missed since leaving... Turns out none! Yay! The next new episode is set to air tomorrow in the US. So I decided to take a break... *ahem* and watch the previous episode so I could remember what was going on. I jumped on the network website to watch the show online...
And, much to my dismay, this is what I saw...
I tried the other major online TV watching sites (besides YT)... Even the pay sites... And all were blocked... I didn't bother with YT since half of the links never work or are something else or go elsewhere or only show part of the episode.... etcetera etcetera etcetera...
However, I think I found a solution. I have to buy the season, but it's not super expensive and I get the whole season without too much fuss. And can actually watch from South Korea! Yay for the iTunes store! LOL.

No comments:
Post a Comment